November? No, Remember! Part 3

4. Thailand - Open Doors to the Land of Smiles
Two years ago, Chumphon, Thailand did not give me a reason to return. It's a beautiful place, but I was struggling to find my own identity in Christ at the time, I wasn't in focus throughout the mission. Fast forward two years later, I returned to the place, no longer struggling with my identity, but with much weariness in my soul. Little did I expect that Thailand would be a place of healing and spiritual replenishment. The vibrant spirituality of the brothers and sisters in Thailand had brought me into worship focus where my songs and my soul are on Christ alone.
But rest and retreat wasn't our intention, our mission was to bring the Good News to the children of Chumphon, Thailand through Bible stories and activities. And so we did: over 60 children heard about Jesus Christ and the love of God, 53 of them accepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior. If God isn't awesome, then who is?
This trip was a trip to recall God's goodness in my life thus far. During the night at Chumphon Railway Station waiting for our train ride back to Penang, Chea Yeong and I shared a great moment of conversation. It helped me to recount some of my mission experiences: My first mission to Lenggong, Perak with USM KKJ Christian Fellowship, my solo return mission to Lenggong, my first oversea mission in Timor Leste, my missions to Thailand and etc. I can't help but noticed the transformation of my character that God brought me through the years. In fact, Pastor Matthew observed that my heart of worship had shifted from self to God, which to me was a great encouragement and a great testimony of God's goodness and faithfulness in my spiritual journey.

One of my deepest cry in my prayer while in Chumphon was for the spiritual growth and revival of Li Xin Baptist Church. Much of these cries stem from my great love for her and my brethren. The young ones are tired and distracted and the old ones are weary and needy. I asked God to bring about a great power that sweep us off our feet, that we will all rise up in faith and put Him at the center of our every day life. I asked God to bless me as He placed me in LXBC to serve.

Brace yourself, Li Xin Baptist Church. God is going to do great work in our church. You best be ready to obey Him.
8 people from 5 different churches to serve that One God on high. A great testimony of God's amazing power to use the weak to do the seemingly impossible.
To Part 4

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Sea Raging in Me

If I Had Walked Away

Get Out of God's Way